Our agents are non-commissioned, so you can rest assured that our recommendations for you and your family are not driven by sales commissions. Helping you find the right coverage is always our top priority.
At Ethos, every customer is underwritten individually and receives a price based on many factors, like medical history, current health, age, and gender. It is possible to be denied coverage due to health issues.
That said, having health issues should not preclude you from applying for coverage. We have many satisfied customers who have a history of health problems.
Yes, you can apply to replace your current coverage with Ethos. We recommend doing so while your other policy is still active—so you don’t have any gaps in coverage.
To apply for coverage for your spouse or adult child, simply have them complete the online application process - it’s that easy! Remember, applications are limited to those between the ages of 20 and 65.
We exclusively offer level term life insurance at Ethos. We believe that this is the best policy for the majority of families, because it tends to be the most affordable life insurance, only providing coverage during the specified term. With level term life insurance, your premiums will never increase—they are level during your specified policy term.
Ethos partners with some of the industry’s largest and most respected companies to ensure the safety and reliability of our policies, including: Legal & General America, RGAX, Assurity Life Insurance Company, and Munich Re. You get the reliability of centuries-old industry leaders with the convenience of a modern technology company.
What if Ethos goes out of business one day?
While we certainly don't intend to go out of business, if we did, our customers would not be impacted.
Policies applied for and administered by Ethos are backed by Banner Life Insurance Company; a company with a history of insurance that dates back to 1836.
Ethos is a new way to apply for life insurance, making it easy and straightforward for everyone. Traditionally, applications could take weeks and often involved confusing paperwork, commissioned sales agents, and lengthy medical exams. Ethos was founded with the goal to make applying for life insurance fast, straightforward, and affordable.
We redesigned the application process, and our simple, online application can be completed in minutes. We offer personalized coverage that’s tailored to fit the individual’s needs, saving our customers time and money.
- The death benefit will be paid to your beneficiary at the time of claim if you have died for any reason except the following:
- It has been determined that insurance fraud has been committed
- Questions within the application were not answered truthfully and are discovered during the two year contestable period
- Your death is the result of suicide during the first two years of the policy being in force.
- Does the policy I apply for with Ethos include any riders?
- Yes, the policy includes an accelerated death benefit. This rider allows the insured the ability to access a portion of the death benefit upon qualified diagnosis of a terminal illness. The accelerated benefit can be used to pay medical expenses or anything else the insured decides. The accelerated amount will reduce the total death benefit, so the amount paid to the beneficiary upon death of the insured is less. Refer to the accelerated death benefit rider for details.
- Expenses covered by life insurance
- Typically, the life insurance death benefit is used to help cover expenses like home mortgages, funeral expenses, children’s college tuition, existing debt, child care or dependent care, medical bills, living expenses, cosigned debt, or any other expenses your loved ones may have after your passing. However, it’s ultimately up to your beneficiary (or beneficiaries) to decide how to use the death benefit.
Each policy has a 30-day money back guarantee. So if you aren't satisfied, you are eligible for a full refund if you cancel within the first 30 days after purchasing.
After the first 30 days, you may cancel your policy whenever you want to, for any reason. There are no cancellation fees or penalties if you choose to cancel your policy.
We offer a wide range of coverage options from $100,000 to $1.5 million and term lengths ranging from 10 to 30 years. The amount of coverage you're eligible for is based on your annual income and your current age. If you have questions or would like to chat with one of our licensed professionals to find the right coverage, call 415-855-4331 or email us at email@example.com.
Anyone between the ages of 20 and 65 can apply for coverage with Ethos. However, those who apply before age 65 can be insured until age 94. If you are over 65 and looking for coverage we recommend checking out Policygenius.
Ethos is licensed and operates in all 48 U.S. states and the District of Columbia, excluding the state of New York and Florida.