Online Tracking Opt-Out Guide
Like many online companies, Ethos Technologies Inc. and its affiliates (collectively, “Ethos”, “we”, “us” and “our”) may use services provided by Google and other entities that use tracking technology. These services rely on tracking technologies – such as cookies and pixel tags – to collect directly from your device information about your browsing activities, your interactions with websites, and the device you are using to connect to the Internet. There are a number of ways to attempt to opt out of having your online activity and device data collected through these services. We have summarized some of these ways below:
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You may be able to block our websites from setting tracking technologies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third-party cookies/trackers.
- Platform opt-outs. The following advertising partners offer opt-out features that let you opt-out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
- Advertising industry opt-out tools. You can also use these opt-out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies:
If you choose to opt-out via web-based tools, because these opt-out mechanisms may be specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you may need to opt-out on every browser and device that you use. In addition, because the opt-out is facilitated via cookies, if you clear your cookies, you will need to opt-out again. Likewise, mobile opt-outs via AppChoices are based on your mobile device’s advertising identifier, so if you reset it, you will need to opt-out again via AppChoices.